lunes, 7 de diciembre de 2009

in spite of desire




Lovers’ love
Had nothing to do with us.
We were like stray dogs
Walking out from a crime
Already prescribed, but never forgotten.
Never less guilty than now,
We went deeper, sniffing and licking and eye-talking,
Into our bodypuzzles.
Mixing our pieces through our heavy breaths
We made phrases meaning ghosts,
And every word melted up with solid memories,
Sticky shadows on our fingers
playing the strings of present tense.

Like surface currents.

In spite of desire,
On top of every kiss you asked me
Not to kiss you back, not to catch you in my skin net,
But just within the words I was able to recall
From your barbarian language.
It was just like old, Victorian perversions,
And my tongue agreed, and I said yes
With a rounded mouth, just like one
Of those blown up plastic monkeys
From a sex shop catalogue
You buy just by ringing
A cold telephone.



No hay comentarios: